Back to News
Posted on 23 Sep 2020
If you are eligible for the flu vaccine, you may receive a letter from your GP Practice.
The letter will advise how your GP Practice will provide your flu vaccination - in some instances, this may not be within your GP Practice but at a local venue or walk-through facility. Please take the letter with you when you attend for your vaccine or you may not receive it.
You may also be able to get your flu vaccination at a participating Community Pharmacy* if unable to attend at your GP Practice (you should contact the pharmacy prior to attending). If you are eligible for the flu vaccine but have not received a letter from your GP Practice, please contact your practice to request one and give this to the Community Pharmacy when you attend.
When attending for your vaccination please:
• Wear a face covering at all times (unless exempt from wearing one)
• If you are able to, please attend alone
• Wear loose clothing (You may get your vaccine within a public area so please wear appropriate clothing for easy access to where the vaccine will be administered)
• Physical Distancing measures must be adhered to at all times. Stay 2 metres away from other people, inside and outside of the building
• Please do not arrive too early or late for your appointment
• If you are unable to attend your appointment please call your GP practice
DO NOT attend your appointment if:
• You have a high temperature, a new or continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
• Have been advised to self-isolate
*For further information and a list of participating Community Pharmacies visit https://www.nhsaaa.net/flu/
Working together to achieve the healthiest life possible for everyone in Ayrshire and Arran
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nhsaaa
Follow us on Twitter @NHSaaa
Visit our website: www.nhsaaa.net
All our publications are available in other formats